Friday, January 20, 2017

Original Sin...

     by DonkeyHotey

It has been 73 days since our country received the news that Donald Trump would be our next president.  That was news that about 63 million of our fellow citizens willed into reality - despite the fact that almost 66 million of our fellow citizens made a different choice.

With today being inauguration day - we're no longer standing in line for this rickety roller coaster - but sitting rather nervously in our seats - and my feelings regarding how I'm going to deal with the next four years are starting to come into clearer focus. I'm exceedingly thankful that our system allows us to prepare for such a transition - even though it's probably impossible to be prepared for what is to come with this man and the people he chooses to advise him.

Trump is such a unique character - one who throws and detonates so many bombs of bullshit every day - that you're normally left flabbergasted at the sheer number of scandalous, fantastical, ridiculous things he's said or done - and you find yourself forgetting all the ridiculous things he said or did yesterday, last week - a year ago.  What's brilliant about his modus operandi is that it allows him to do so much repeated harm without ever truly being held accountable for it.

All of this has left me with the realization that, in order to stomach the next four years, I need to filter everything out - and keep my focus on the original sin of the man's rise to the presidency.  What was that original sin?  I'll get to that - but I'm sure most already know.

But for now - I should acknowledge to all my friends and family - those who voted for Trump, Hillary, or didn't vote at all (which is the same thing as voting for a third party) - I hereby declare that I do not care about any of the following transgressions committed by the soon-to-be inaugurated 45th president of the United States, Donald J. Trump; 
  •         Mocking the disabled
  •         Inciting violence at rallies
  •         Promoting torture
  •         Promoted killing the families of those suspected of terrorism
  •         Banning Muslims from entering our country
  •         Stated that climate change is a hoax
  •         Advocated that the US default on its debts
  •         Stated that a Federal Judge, a US Citizen, was not qualified because of his Mexican heritage
  •         Disparaged John McCain's service - a man held and tortured as a P.O.W. for over 5 years
  •         Doesn't know anything about the Constitution / Bill of Rights
  •         Stiffs contractors and doesn't pay bills
  •         Compliments autocratic douche bags like Kim Jong-un and Vladimir Putin
  •         Likes to re-tweet white nationalist propaganda
  •         Conned people out of money with Trump University
  •         Never released ANY tax returns
  •         Publicly disparaged women's looks
  •         Has people donate to his foundation - then turns around and uses the proceeds to pay his legal bills
  •         Bragged that he loves grabbing women by the "pussy" without their consent

The list could go on and on forever - and I assure you it will.  And for each bullet point that's added - I'll kindly say - I don't care.

Back to his original sin.  My opposition to Donald Trump as president is and will continue to be rooted in one, simple fact - and that's that he parroted the racist lie that our first black president was not a legitimate president because he was not born in the US.  Trump is not bright or curious - but he's not stupid - he knew this wasn't true.  His son-in-law was recently on the record as stating as much.  But he did it - and he did it repeatedly and without any shame.  And that, I do not and will not forgive.  Ever.  He may be our president - but he will never be my president.  And I will oppose him and his agenda at every turn.  I will mock and disparage him at every opportunity.  He will perpetually be held in a light of illegitimacy in my heart and mind.  If I were to ever be in his presence, I'd spit in his face.  The day he dies - I will mark my calendar and celebrate that very day and each anniversary thereafter.

I know that will come across as exceedingly negative and hateful.  I'm not sorry.  Fuck this man.

For all my friends who made the unfortunate decision to support this man - or are indifferent to his presidency - I hold no animosity towards you.  I love you and will welcome you into my home at any given opportunity.  But don't ever expect me to speak respectfully of this slimy reptile.  I never will.

May his remaining days be few.


dvt